Get in the holiday spirit by giving your Memoji a Christmas makeover. Whether it be sent as a sticker in iMessage or shown during a FaceTime call, this simple guide will show you how to add a Santa hat to Memoji characters on iPhone and iPad.
With the festive season well and truly upon us, this Memoji customization will get your personalized Animoji character ready for the holidays.
To create a Memoji, you need a device running iOS 13 or iPadOS. To go completely festive you can create a new Memoji to resemble Mr and/or Mrs Claus, but to add a Santa hat to your existing character, which we will discuss in this guide, follow the instructions below…
How to add a Santa hat to your Memoji character
- Open Messages and select the Animoji app from the dock
- Press your Memoji and tap the ellipsis (three dots) in the bottom left corner then select Edit
- Swipe across to Headwear from the Memoji customization options and scroll down the menu to choose the Santa Claus Hat
- Change the color of the hat to red by scrolling back up to the top of the page and tap on the Color Palette
- Save your changes by tapping Done
You can show off your festive creation within the Messages app by sharing it with friends as a sticker or by recording a 30 second clip. Additionally, you can use your Memoji during FaceTime video calls.