After almost a year of waiting Apple has finally released HomePod, the Cupertino tech giant’s attempt to reinvent audio with their take on the Amazon Echo and Google Home. HomePod, Apple’s new Siri controlled smart speaker promises to “deliver the highest-fidelity sound” throughout any room in which it is placed. Here’s how to set up HomePod on your iPhone or iPad…
Note: HomePod requires iOS 11.2.5 or later on your compatible iPhone or iPad.
1) Firstly plug HomePod into power. After a couple of seconds you will hear a chime and see a pulsing white light appear on the top of the speaker.
2) Once you hear the chime, unlock your iPhone or iPad and put it in close proximity to HomePod. A pop-up will appear (similar to how AirPods connect) and you tap Set Up.
3) You will be asked to specify where the HomePod will be located. Select a location and tap continue.
4) Next you will be prompted to accept Personal Requests. For the full HomePod experience it’s recommended you accept and tap Enable Personal Requests.
5) Now you will see Apple’s terms and conditions. Once you are happy, tap agree.
6) Finally, HomePod will ask if you wish to transfer accounts and settings to HomePod. If you wish to accept anybody will be able to send and read messages, add reminders, create notes and more via your iPhone when it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as HomePod. – If you are happy, tap Transfer Settings.