Eighth developer beta of watchOS 10 now available
Apple has today seeded the eighth developer beta of watchOS 10 for testing, allowing users to trial the next major software update for Apple Watch ahead of its planned public release in the fall.
watchOS 10 marks the biggest Apple Watch update in years, bringing users a fresh approach to view information with redesigned apps, a new Smart Stack to show relevant widgets, new watch faces, and more.
Previous watchOS iterations, such as watchOS 9 last year, saw Apple announce fairly lacklustre improvements for the Apple Watch, with Apple completely switching things around with watchOS 10, bringing a full set of redesigned apps to provide more information at a glance, and new ways to navigate and quickly access content.
watchOS 10 Developer Beta Log
- watchOS 10 – Beta 1: Released on Monday, June 5
- watchOS 10 – Beta 2: Released on Wednesday, June 21
- watchOS 10 – Beta 3: Released on Wednesday, July 5
- watchOS 10 – Beta 4: Released on Tuesday, July 25
- watchOS 10 – Beta 5: Released on Tuesday, August 8
- watchOS 10 – Beta 6: Released on Tuesday, August 15
- watchOS 10 – Beta 7: Released on Tuesday, August 22
- watchOS 10 – Beta 8: Released on Tuesday, August 29
watchOS 10 requires iPhone XS, iPhone XR or later with iOS 17 and one of the following Apple Watch models: Apple Watch Series 4, Apple Watch Series 5, Apple Watch SE, Apple Watch Series 6, Apple Watch Series 7, Apple Watch Series 8 or Apple Watch Ultra.
watchOS will likely be released officially to the public in September, when Apple typically unveils its next-generation Apple Watch lineup.