How to add a Santa hat to your Memoji on iPhone
With the holidays right around the corner, now’s the time to give your Memoji character a festive makeover. Here’s a quick guide showing how you can get a Santa hat for your Memoji on iPhone, or go head-first into the festive season and create a new Memoji to resemble Mr and/or Mrs Claus.
Memoji and Animoji are animated emoji characters that respond to facial expressions. They can be used as stickers in iMessage, sent alongside voice messages, or used as overlays during FaceTime calls to replace your face so it looks like the person on the other end of the call is speaking directly to your Memoji character.
To get started, make sure your iPhone or iPad is updated and running the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. Before we get creative and start customizing your Memoji, it’s best to make a duplicate of your existing character by opening Messages, tapping the Animoji icon, selecting the three dots in the bottom left-hand corner and tapping Duplicate.
How to add a Santa hat to Memoji characters on iPhone
- Open the Messages app and tap the Animoji icon
- Tap the three dots in the bottom left-hand side and open Edit
- Scroll across the customization options until you reach Headgear
- Select Headgear and scroll down until you see the hat most closely matching the one worn by Santa Claus
- Tap the color pickers to change the colors of the hat, making the main color red and the second color white
- Tap Done in the top right-hand side of the screen to save your new Memoji character
Your new festive Memoji character is now saved and can be used however you please. To level-up your character, repeat the steps above and select Facial Hair to give your virtual self a thick Santa Claus beard.
Follow @TheApplePost on Twitter for the latest coverage and analysis on all things Apple. Read the day’s latest stories and stay on top of the latest Apple news, iPhone leaks and Mac rumors with the theapplepost.com app – available from the App Store.