How to share Apple Watch Activity rings with friends and family
If you and your friends have Apple Watches, you can share your Activity rings with each other to compete in challenges, track daily exercise goals, and motivate one another through preset smack talk or encouragement.
When you share your Apple Watch Activity rings you’ll each receive notifications when you close your rungs, finish workouts or earn achievements, with each other’s workout data shown in the Activity app to help challenge one another to keep one step ahead throughout the day.
Whether you have the latest Apple Watch or something a little older, you can add up to 40 friends and customise your settings to mute notifications, hide your progress or remove a friend.
How to share Apple Watch Activity rings with friends and family:
- Open the Fitness app on your iPhone.
- Tap the Sharing tab. If asked, tap Get Started.
- Tap the Account icon then the Add (+) button and enter your friend’s contact information. Or choose friends from the list of suggested contacts.
- After you’ve chosen your friends, tap Send and wait for your friends to accept the invitation.
Other helpful Apple Watch tips:
- How to record a Workout on Apple Watch
- How to pause a Workout on Apple Watch
- How to end a Workout on Apple Watch
- How to take a screenshot on Apple Watch