Leak reveals upcoming watchOS 7/Apple Watch Series 6 features
After the discovery of references to a new feature that would allow Apple Watch to detect blood oxygen levels, 9to5Mac has revealed further information on what to expect from watchOS 7 after obtaining leaked iOS 14 snippets.
So far six new features have been unearthed, including the ability to share customized watch faces with friends and updates to the Photos watch face to allow users to make watch faces using a shared album in addition to individual photos and groups of photos from albums.
Today’s leaked iOS 14 code also references Apple’s rumored high-end over-ear headphones, with icons suggesting the new Beats-like wireless headphones will be available in both black and white.
watchOS 7 leak reveals the following…
- Ability to share customized watch faces with friends
- Infograph Pro watch face that includes a tachymeter that computes speed based on travel time
- Photo watch faces from shared photo albums
- Schooltime setting for parents to limit when kids can use specific apps on their Apple Watch
- Updated control center with new toggles for sleep mode and noise detection
- Blood oxygen level detection
At this time, there is apparently no sign of third-party watch face support within watchOS 7.
Apple is expected to unveil a new Sleep Tracking app as part of watchOS 7. Reports last year claimed for several months Apple has been experimenting with new sleep-tracking features on testers at secret sites around its Cupertino, California, headquarters, with the sources saying the tests have been successful and Apple is on track to launch the new feature on the Apple Watch by 2020.