Apple has released iOS 12.0.1, its first update to iOS since the launch of iOS 12 in September.
The update addresses a number of bugs within iOS 12, including ‘ChargeGate’, a bug that caused small numbers of iPhone and iPad devices to stop charging automatically when the power cable is plugged in, and the screen of the device is turned off.
iOS 12.0.1 is available now for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The release notes for the software update (below) detail five issues with iOS 12 which have been corrected with this release.
- Fixes an issue where some iPhone XS devices did not immediately charge when connected to a Lightning cable
- Resolves an issue that could cause iPhone XS devices to rejoin a Wi-Fi network at 2.4GHz instead of 5GHz
- Restores the original position of the “.?123″ key on the iPad keyboard
- Fixes an issue where subtitles may not appear in some video apps
- Addresses an issue where Bluetooth could become unavailable