TF International Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has published a new research note for investors sharing a glimpse into Apple’s future product pipeline, reporting that a new 11-inch iPad Pro, redesigned larger screened Apple Watch and updated Mac mini are on the horizon for debut later in the year.
The research note suggests Apple will discontinue the 10.5-inch iPad Pro when the new 11-inch model launches later in the year, and that the new Apple Watch models will feature improved heart rate detection features in two new 1.57 inches (39.9mm) and 1.78 inches (45.2mm) sizes.
Although a specific date wasn’t given for the launch of the new hardware, the report notes Apple will launch the devices at its annual September event, which is typically held during the first or second week of September. A breakdown of the new hardware expected to launch can be found below…
- Three new iPhone models including low-cost LCD 6.1-inch device
- New 11 and 12.9-inch iPad Pro models featuring Face ID
- Redesigned Apple Watch with improved heart rate detection features in 1.57 inches (39.9mm) and 1.78 inches (45.2mm) options
- Updated Mac mini, new iMac & upgraded processors for the MacBook and MacBook Pro
- AirPower & new wireless AirPods charging case
As with all predictions, Kuo notes that potential risks include product delays in shipping as well as lower than expected demand for new products … but the fall lineup certainly sounds like a massive update across the board for Apple customers.
Within the report Ming-Chi Kuo notes AirPower will go into mass production in the third quarter of 2018, suggesting a late fall launch as per-pervious claims by Bloomberg.