One of the downsides of an all-screen iPhone is that when it cracks, you’ll certainly know about it… and so will your wallet. Apple has released costings for out of warranty repairs and screen repairs for the iPhone X, showing the company will charge £286/$279 for screen replacements, and £556/$549 for other damage.
For those wanting to avoid the charge, customers can purchase an additional AppleCare+ package (priced at £199/$199), which is an optional warranty plan that extends an iPhone’s coverage to two years from the original purchase date of the device. The plan adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a lower service fee of £29/$29 for screen repairs, or £99/$99 for any other damage.
• Australia: $419 for screen repairs, $819 for other damage
• Canada: $359 for screen repairs, $709 for other damage
• Germany: €321 for screen repairs, and €611 for other damage
• United Kingdom: £286 for screen repairs, £556 for other damage
• United States: $279 for screen repairs, $549 for other damage
The prices above do not apply to customers who purchase AppleCare+ for the iPhone X.